January 16, 2014

Keep Walkin’…..Ballerina

walk11

This is where we left off at this Ballerina’s last post!  And…..I’ve got a lot to learn!

walk12

This paper is not playing nicely.  I’ve probably done everything wrong in the making here….for instance:
  • I like sharp pencils (apparently the board doesn’t…makes it flake later)
  • I put detail in too early with colored pencils then went over it in watercolor
  • I didn’t pre-wet any sections first….wet-on-wet watercolor makes for a more even application
  • Watercolor doesn’t like to be tinkered with….I’ve been a-tinkering

Walk14

Almost trashed this piece last weekend…then I thought “what the heck….just work it…so what if it’s got problems, get to know your watercolors your way”.  It was experiment and push the limits time, and I was finally ready!

Walk16

I got rid of that w/c pencil stippling with brush watercolor….I upped the vibrancy in the slippers with Opera Pink!  This is my favorite pink!  It will not be ignored.

walk17

Took m’lady outside in natural light, so that I could see just what that pigment was doing.  I’ve decided from here out it is best if I don’t refer to the picture so much anymore….it confuses me.

Watercolor is it’s own animal!

4 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

At some point you just have to let your reference picture go and do you own thing. And your own thing is beautiful! Hugs! deb

Eden said...

Hi Deb!! You are such an encourager to me! Thank you! Yes, I agree I need to trust where the piece is going instead of duplicating!

Anonymous said...

Awesome is all I can say! Your work is so detailed & I love the vibrancy.
TFS
Grandma Nancy

Eden said...

Hi Nancy, I am having way too much trouble with this paper! Ugh...I hope I can finish THIS piece without having to duplicate on another. Thank YOU :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden