September 26, 2012

Lets Finish….Figure 1



Went to class and it was suggested that I dull down the pants some.



I had to get the instructor to clarify what she meant by “dull down”.  Go figure…it’s to bring in the opposite color…you know…mute it a bit.  With blue I use orange cuz that’s the opposite on the color wheel.

Fig21

Here ya go….the evolution of the jeans.  As you can see, it’s not true photo-realism because I get to embellish, change the color and shape.  I think that’s the fun part…the interesting part.  I think I’m liking how the jeans turned out.  More vibrant I think.



I’m getting more and more comfortable with my “wing-it” interpretations.  I had no idea how to portray the sleeve folds.



This is about as done as it’s going to get.  May go in and sharpen up some edges.  What a fun piece to work with.  I like the size.  I told my instructor…..I would like to go even larger…..Now wouldn’t that be interesting….doing a life size piece?

2 comments:

JP said...

Very fun to follow your project! A life size work would be fabulous! Maybe you could make one for me for Christmas!

Eden said...

Pick your pic :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden