June 17, 2011

A bird named Zack Zany



I’ve been uninspired to draw any birds lately, which made me sad.  Cuz I like these little guys.  As I was looking thru my Sketchbook project drawings, I spotted this picture, which I am extremely fond of.  Then it hit me!!  I’ll  draw a bird sketching a person.



Anytime I draw a Zen bird, it is rewarding!!  Seriously…..look at all the doodling possibilities.  Endless!



This guy is very similar to Leo, seen in this post.



Having found my subject, I got to play with the background.  What better way to play than with all that color?



Zack-the-Zany Bird……. He seems to draw attention to himself just by going out!  He’s gotten used to it by now, but he would prefer it if birds got to know him a little better before they judged him (either good or bad). 

Kind of hard for this guy to blend in, don’t ya think?  But then again, we weren’t made to blend in we were made to Stand Out.  Zack was just plain F.U.N. to draw!  Love him!  Possibly a whole Zany family is in the making, who knows?

8 comments:

Shayla said...

This looks so cool. I love all the colors in this too!

rachel awes said...

i looooooooove this!
what an inspired birdie!!!
xoxox

Anonymous said...

First, I love the new header - started laughing as soon as I saw it!!
Second, I love Zack and everything else in this picture. Fabulous tangles, as always, but the added colors, and sketch on the easel - too funny!!

Valley Art Project said...

I just stumbled onto your blog, what fun birds. I love your blog banner. It made me smile. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

What a zany, happy, and handsome bird!

Eden said...

Thanks for your nice comments!! You guys always make me smile :D

young-eclectic-encounters said...

I love your birds and this one is great with a great message. You have inspired me to creat my own character to use as my signature character that express myself and show up as distintictly mine like your birds do for you. Thanks for sharing and the inspiation.
Johnina
My character first showed up on my blog in this post- look toward the bottom of the pics
http://young-eclectic-encounters.blogspot.com/2011/06/ah-choo-my-computer-caught-cold.html

Genevieve said...

I love this guy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden