October 3, 2009

Art Journal with Markers

ArtJournal3_enhanced2

Being the “independent” spirit that i am, when i came across this quote from Laura at Mixonian (one of the many blogs on my “following” list). I quickly grabbed my pen and notebook cuz I had to write it down before I forgot it….. then I emailed the blog author with my Kudos and if that wasn’t enough to show my exuberance…. I Art Journal’d it. I’ve never run across this quote. I like it cuz, it gives me permission. Yes, permission to go my own way! To do my own thing!! To be my own self!! Ahhh, the freedom of it all.

I also used Tammy’s suggestion for the journaling, from her Daisy Yellow blog. Here she talks about “slow journaling”. She explains it so well in her post. Head over and check out her blog . Super creative lady, with lots going on for the artistically inclined. I stop in with her every post :) and keep getting inspired!

ArtJournal3_enhanced1

I just wanted to show you a close-up of a part of this page. My initial “bright idea” was to do all these stripes that would emanate out from the sun. Well, this is not as easy as it looks. I got going with the 5 vertical lines then realized there was no angle to the stripe, no dimension. Hurriedly, I finished this section and moved on disappointedly. I’d love to try this again but i hesitate drawing pencil marks all over the page to stay with the angle….oh how i hesitate. But my it would look cool if i could do it. Check out this image i found on flickr where someone made it work. Of course i saved it to my favorites for later viewing and hopefully analyzing the “how-to’s” and the “oh, i see now’s”.

Now, the last thing i want to show you is this image when it’s first scanned…….see below…….

ArtJournal3

And NEXT the image when i bring it into photoshop and select my colors (like the black and red) and enhance them a wee bit!

ArtJournal3_enhanced

Can you tell??? Can you tell???? You may have to click on each image to make it larger, then you’ll see it better.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good weekend everybody! Eden Y

2 comments:

Mary said...

Love the pages!! Such color and pattern!
Great job!

Anonymous said...

I am impressed, I have to say. Really rarely do I discovered a blog that is both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, youve hit the nail on the head. Your article is outstanding; the issue is something that not many people are speaking intelligently about. Im very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden